Sunday, February 1, 2015

Joining the bloggers as a belated New Year's Day resolution!

February 1, 2015

It was two years ago that I ran my first ultra, the PsychoWyco 50K, and when I composed my first blog. I continued running, but stopped blogging. So, I have decided that I want pick up my lost blog, and continue it this year. Please stay tuned for updates throughout the year on my life, training, and racing.

This year I have been blessed to be a part of the Nike TrailRunning Team. It was a dream that I never imagined would come true. As a child I grew up wearing Nike shoes, clothing, and accessories. I remember my first pair of running shoes being all black with a white swoosh. I was and still am a tomboy who didn’t want to worry about getting white shoes dirty with all of my outdoor adventures. So, black shoes and white crew socks was what I chose to wear! Yeah, I was a fashionista!

I have also been fortunate to have the guidance and coaching from the renown, Jason Koop of Carmichael Training Systems. We have been working together for a year now. Boy time flies. We have definitely grown to know one another. He has learned my training style and has been able to find my weaknesses and strengths. I have gotten better and stronger, not only as an athlete but as a person from working with him. I am really looking forward to this year as I have started my new training cycle. Bring on the challenges Koop!!

A couple of other awesome sponsors I have this year are with CarboPro and Honey-Stinger. I have great success using their products for training, racing, and recovery. My go-to pre-race breakfast is always a Honey Stinger energy bar, banana, and bottle of crystal-light energy (caffeine). I have used this combo ever since college. My motto is “don’t change what works”. My post-run staple is a chocolate-banana protein smoothie! I have it everyday. It consists of ½ cup of chocolate milk+1 frozen banana (in chunks)+1 scoop of CarboPro Protein Powder-blended in a blender and chilled in the freezer for 5 minutes. Ohhh, so good!! Fixes my sweet tooth, which is BIG!

Well, now to my race/training schedule for this year. I am building up to Western States by running other ‘B’ races. I will use these as training runs to prepare for my ‘A’ race (Western States). I want to run Western States better than last year. My goal is to improve upon myself, as I know I did not have the race I could have. That course and I have some unfinished business!! I can’t wait to be back in Squaw.

2015 Races

Feb. 14- Black Canyon 100K (“B” Race)
April 11- Lake Sonoma 50M (“B” Race)
April 25- Zane Grey 50M (Dear Lord please let me survive this)
April  29-May 2-  High Altitude Training Camp in Colorado
May 23-25- Western States Memorial Weekend Training Camp
June 27- Western States 100M (“A” Race)







No comments:

Post a Comment